Business & Trader Group members in the Murray Plains electorate will benefit from funding awarded through the Andrews Labor Government’s Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups program.
Member for Northern Victoria, Mark Gepp welcomed the funding which will help Business & Trader Groups to provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the region to support their members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Committee for Echuca Moama Inc will receive $10,000 to connect job seekers to employment opportunities.
- Echuca Moama Business & Trades Association Inc will receive $10,000 for their Echuca Moama Shop Local
- Kerang Traders Inc will receive $10,000 for their Shop Local, Love our Community Post-COVID
- Rochester Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc will receive $20,000 for Rochester’s Road to Recovery
- Swan Hill Incorporated will receive $20,000 to expand on existing promotions that have been hugely successful. The shop local campaign and the visit our region campaign are proven winners that will be promoted further.
The program has provided $4.15 million in support through grants of $10,000, $20,000 or $50,000 to business chambers and trader groups across Victoria to support their local business community’s recovery and restart.
Grant recipients will use the funding for business activation initiatives like facilitating members’ adaptation to COVID Normal, ‘buy local’ campaigns and improving access to programs and services focused on resilience and recovery.
These Business Chamber & Trader Groups are among 182 local organisations that have so far received funding through the initiative.
The Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups program is part of more than $7 billion in direct economic support provided by the Labor Government to Victorian businesses and workers to help them weather the storm of the pandemic.
Some $2.6 billion in funding has supported more than 130,000 small and medium businesses to date through the Business Support Fund while $87.5 million has been provided to support hospitality businesses prepare for COVID Normal.
For more information about the Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups program, go to business.vic.gov.au/businesschambers.
Quote attributable to Member for Northern Victoria, Mark Gepp
“We’re committed to assisting businesses throughout the Murray Plains electorate to recover from the coronavirus pandemic and Business & Trader Groups will be a key part of this recovery.”
Quotes attributable to Minister for Small Business Jaala Pulford
“We appreciate the leading role Victorian business chambers and trader groups play in helping local businesses rebound and recover – that’s why it’s important to back that leadership with funding for local solutions to this global pandemic.”